shiva nataraja’s 5 divine actions
A 5-Week Course of Practical & Profound Personal Transformation
*** Sign-up for this course is closed. If you to be notified of the 2021 dates for the next course, and receive a discount for it, please sign up for my weekly e-newsletter at email@example.com. ***
You are warmly invited to take a deep dive into an iconic archetype that will open you up to new ways of understanding yourself and the world we live in.
This course is a labor of love that has arisen from the weaving together of my immersive studies and experiences of these 5 Divine Actions in my day to day existence.
WHAT is Shiva Nataraja?
An ancient archetype born from India’s Hindu tradition, shaped by at least a millennium of continual worship, discourse and study engaged in by practitioners from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Shiva Nataraja offers us understandings that can reshape the way we interact with and respond to the myriad life experiences we receive, whether mundane or out of the ordinary.
The symbology and mythology of Shiva Nataraja presents us with a doorway through which we can enter into new ways to relate to the territory of our own body, mind and emotional core, and that of the people, places and conditions of the world around us.
WHAT are the 5 Divine Actions?
A fivefold sequence that describes the process by which both living and non-living things arise, exist, come to completion, pause and are renewed, again and again and again.
7 TOPICS OF INVESTIGATION you will explore in this course
1. Cosmological – In which you will learn how each of the 5 Actions can refresh and refine the way we choose to relate to the macrocosmic universe.
2. Philosophical – In which you will gain understanding of how each Action becomes a wisdom teaching that expands your idea of how the process of Being Human can be experienced.
3. Practical – Simple lifestyle adjustments addressed via each Action. These can easily be added to and implemented in your already-established daily routine.
4. Physical – Simple Movement practices that will enable you to observe and embody each Action. These movements can be done in one short, 10-15 minute session each day.
5. Physiological – Breathing techniques to further understand and experience the 5 Actions in relation to your nervous system and brain functions.
6. Mental & Emotional – Exploration of the psychosomatic effects of the 5 Actions on the way you engage with and process your thoughts and emotions. This will include contemplative journaling each week around specific self-investigative questions.
7. Iconographical – Each of the 5 Actions are depicted in the physical representation of Shiva Nataraja – a drum, a hand gesture, a flame, Nataraja’s “platform,” and his lifted leg. These aspects of the depiction of Nataraja will lend further understanding and clarification for each of the 5 Actions. As well, this imagery will support and add to the other six ways you will investigate each Action.
LEARNING MATERIALS you will receive
Each of the 5 weeks of the course you will receive the following.
- A pre-recorded set of videos and audios, addressing the 7 Topics of Investigation. These recordings will be in easy to assimilate time blocks, a maximum of 20-25 minutes each and sometimes shorter.
- PDFs for each week of presentations. These PDF’s will serve to summarize the video and audio contents in short paragraphs, and present the contemplative questions for you to consider each week. There will also be simple image-oriented information given to support your investigation.
- Each week will be scheduled a live Webinar, via Zoom, for us to discuss that week’s Action, along with the opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about the pre-recorded talks and PDF’s. These Webinars will be recorded, and available to you afterwards to download and re-watch at your convenience.
- All pre-recorded videos and PDF’s will be given via a link to the material that will allow you to download and go through it at your own pace. These links will be sent to you via email.
WHO will benefit from this course?
- If you have an interest in learning about yourself and the universe from a variety of perspectives, to refresh self-knowledge and awaken new contemplations, insights and wisdom.
- If you would like to learn how to better use your self-knowledge, contemplations, insights and wisdom to more efficiently engage with your day to day tasks.
- If you are interested in enhancing the health of your body, mind and emotional core, to establish a more stable overall body-mind connection. This stabilization will enable you to more directly move toward your personal goals and aspirations.
- If you would like to learn a sequence of practical ways and methods through which you can address your own habituated patterns that are causing various degrees of suffering to you and/or the circle of people you interact with. Not only family, friends, and coworkers, but even the brief “one stop” interactions you may have in the course of a day.
- If you would like to learn new paths of investigation through which you will be able to broaden your understanding of Shiva Nataraja, the 5 Divine Actions, and the iconography of each Action.
Course Dates for 2020
Your course begins November 14, Saturday, and ends December 16, Wednesday.
Each Saturday morning, in your inbox, you will receive a link to your Learning Materials. Each Wednesday following the Saturday, a Webinar will be held.
November 14th / November 18th
November 21st / November 25th
November 28th / December 2nd
December 5th / December 9th
December 12th / December 16th
The time of the Webinars will be announced on November 7th, one week prior to the first day of the course. The time will be set based on the location of the participants that have signed up by that day. Webinars will be 60 minutes in length. They will be recorded for you to download and view at your convenience.
A GIFT FOR YOU
One of the things I enjoy about teaching a course again and again is the process of refinement that I undertake prior to and even during the course itself.
Thus, the Learning Materials will often be adjusted in each successive iteration of a course. If you participate in this course, you will receive Lifetime Access to it. This means that each time it is presented in the future, you will be invited to participate in this course again for FREE.
This includes full access to all Learning Materials and the ability to download them. As well, you will receive an invitation to all future Webinars for this course, and be able to download each one.
In addition, as a graduate of this course, you will receive discounts on all future online courses I present.
And, you will be kept apprised of other creative offerings in the making.
The total cost for all Learning Materials and Webinar access for the 5 weeks is $355 (US). This price includes all of the Gift items.
A payment plan is available. If you would like to pay in installments, please let me know when you sign up.
To register for this course, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email of your enrollment, and instructions on how to finalize your participation.
If you have any questions, feel free to write to me at the above email address. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the course.
Together, we will blaze new trails of discovery and ignite new pathways of understanding in both your inner and outer world!