Digital detox Meditation & yoga holiday on iriomote island, okinawa
submerge, expand & soften into stillness
october 12-15, 2019
Iriomote Island is 80% uninhabited, covered by lush jungles and mangrove forests, and ringed by serene white sand beaches and pristine azure ocean. It is home to several unique animals, including the famous Yamaneko, “mountain cat.” Immerse yourself in an environment that supports an empowering experience of connecting to nature and your own natural self simply being. Enjoy 4 days of profound practice to bring you into deep communion with the stillness of your wisdom heart.
Each day, there will be daily classes of Hatha Yoga Vinyasa and Qi Gong at sunrise and sunset on the beach, just a short stroll from the resort. You will be led with care and precision thru sequences that will melt away tensions in the body, mind, and emotions. Each practice will end with meditation at the time of dawn or dusk. Meditating together at this time will naturally deepen your meditation experience. This in turn will allow the positive impact of your entire practice to be more fully assimilated throughout your entire mind-body consciousness. Morning practices will prepare you for your day. Evening practices will address any fatigue or sore muscles from your day’s activities. Meditation practices will sharpen your focus, clear out dullness and tiredness, and refresh the mind and emotional center.
5:00-6:45pm Sunset Yoga + Meditation
Welcome Dinner & Orientation
6:00-7:45am Sunrise Yoga + Meditation
Philosophy Talk – time TBA
5:00-6:45pm Sunset Qi Gong + Meditation
6:00-7:45am Sunrise Yoga + Meditation
Your Retreat Includes:
- 3 nights in an Ocean View Superior Twin room that includes 2 super-comfy double beds and a daybed, ocean view, and a spacious shower and tub area
- All buffet breakfasts – a variety of delicious Western and Japanese food is offered, along with coffee, teas, juices and a variety of fruits
- Welcome Night buffet dinner – a variety of delicious choices, both Japanese and Western, including desserts and coffee or tea
- 6 Yoga/Qi Gong + Meditation classes on the beach
- 2 Philosophy Talks, which include open discussion of any questions you would like to pose
- Free wi-fi access in the downstairs lounge area
- Unlimited mineral water
- Resort bus for both pick up and drop off at either of the Iriomote ferry ports
- Native Japanese Coordinator with fluent English skills to assist you
Not Included: All Flights & Transportation (except the resort shuttle), bicycle rental, use of the resort’s SPA and treatments, and any extracurricular activities, such as snorkeling, hiking, etc.
- ¥133,000 per person
- ¥118,000 per person – Early Bird! if reserved by 8/31
* Above pricing is per person for shared accommodations with 1 or 2 people. If you wish to have your own room, please send us an inquiry about pricing for a single occupant.
Hoshino Resorts Nirakanai
- PLANE – Fly in to New Ishigaki Airport (ISG).
2. BUS – Catch a bus to the ferry building. There is a bus stop right outside of the airport terminal doorway. Buses operate every 15 minutes.
Fee: ¥540 ($5.00). Travel time: 45 min.
3. FERRY – At the ferry building, purchase a ticket for travel to Iriomote.
There are 2 ferry ports on Iriomote – Ohara in the south and Uehara in the north.
There are 2 travel companies to take you to the ports – Ishigaki Dream Tours (IDT) and Yaeyama Kanko Ferry (YKF). Both companies cost the same. The difference is in how many times they go to each of the ports.
YKF goes to Ohara 12 times per day, and to Uehara about 10 times daily.
IDT goes to Ohara 6 times per day, and to Uehara about 3 times weekly.
*** It is best to take the ferry to Uehara. See #3 below for why.
Fee: ¥4,720 ($44.00) – Round Trip. Travel time: 45 min.
4. BUS – Lastly, at either port, you will be greeted by the resort bus and taken directly to the hotel.
From Uehara, the bus ride to the resort is only 10 min.
From Ohara, the bus ride becomes 45 min.
SPACE IS LIMITED
DON’T MISS out
To register, or If you have any questions, please contact Mark: